Vacancy: Technical Manager - Approvals and Enquiries
Salary: £38,000 - £40,000 salary depending on experience, plus benefits
At the Water Regulations Advisory Scheme (WRAS), we promote water fittings regulations and safe plumbing practices in manufacture, design and installation. In addition, we provide the largest plumbing product approval scheme in the UK which enables manufacturers to demonstrate compliance, improving product sales and helping consumers choose compliant products.
We are looking for a motivated individual with excellent technical skills and understanding, to lead our approvals team. As well as operational responsibility for our approvals scheme, you will lead a team providing general regulations advice. Due to the technical nature of the scheme, engineering aptitude and technical capability will be highly desirable for role, although it is not essential that this is the water sector.
The successful candidate will be educated to HND level in a relevant subject such as engineering, ideally working in a manufacturing environment in product development or design. Reporting to the MD, they will have a good understanding of mechanical principles affecting the design of products, ideally products that use water but this not essential. They will be a self-starter with strong leadership, customer and communication skills.
It's an exciting time for the company, with our approval schemes expanding to keep up with demand. WRAS is an excellent employer offering attractive benefits and a secure career to the right candidate.
Closing date: 30th March 2018
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews will be held in week commencing 16th April 2018 at WRAS’s Crumlin office.
- To manage the WRAS Approvals Scheme ensuring a consistent, impartial, accurate, timely and effective service to customers and stakeholders.
- To lead, manage and develop the approvals team to deliver great service, effectively implementing positive changes
- Oversee and identify improvements to the approval scheme in line with the quality assurance syste
- To identify areas where product performance test requirements need to be clarified
- To liaise with applicants, manufacturers, installers, Government, trade associations or other bodies on matters relating to WRAS Approvals.
- To positively promote the WRAS approvals scheme, raising awareness of the benefits of the approval scheme to approval holders, manufacturers and consumers.
- To organise and facilitate meetings of the WRAS Product Assessment Group (PAG)
- To manage budget and recommend pricing strategy and to ensure the timely collection of Approval fees
- Ensure the collection, review and use of relevant performance measures for the approvals schemes and the enquiry service
- Being the main point of escalation to resolve queries and complaints regarding WRAS approved materials and products
- To provide brand guidance and encourage approval holders to comply, identifying potential approval trademark infringements and ensure marks are not misused
- To manage the regulation enquiry service and supervise to ensure a timely, reliable service to enquirers, including responding to regulations technical enquiries
- To work in accordance with the Data Protection Act and ensure information concerning customers and other members of staff is treated as confidential
- To undertake other duties as may be reasonably expected in-line with the overall purpose of the organisation.
- Educated to HND level in a relevant subject such as engineering
- Experience of working within a manufacturing environment, such as product development, testing and certification
- Strong technical skills with an understanding of mechanical principles affecting the design and function of manufactured products, ideally with products and appliances that have a water connection
- Experience of communicating and influencing customers and stakeholders
- Experience of managing and leading a team and effectively implementing positive changes
- Customer focused with a results orientation
- Full UK driving licence for some travel to client sites